Tuesday, September 25, 2007

I Dreamed Last Night!!


It is said the human being is the only animal that goes to bed when it is not sleepy and gets up when it is!

I like that quote because it is so true. I don’t remember the last time I dreamed. I average about five hours or less of sleep each night and have averaged this amount since about January this year. I seem unable to sleep longer and when I try, I get massive headaches. Yet it is the dreaming I have missed. The truth is we all dream, we just don’t remember our dreams, especially when we don’t get enough sleep, or at least that is one theory.

Well I dreamed last night! And it was a dream of unrequited love of 18 years! Eighteen years ago, I met this wonderful man when I was just beginning another relationship and would never consider having two relationships at the same time.

But one weekend I travelled to his city and we went to see The Phantom of the Opera. I stayed at the famous Windsor hotel, a most remarkably romantic, Victorian-era hotel. He met me in the foyer and we had a little snack and glass of Champaign before strolling to the theatre. I had secured fourth-row centre seats (right under the chandelier). The play went perfectly and he was surprised and thrilled at the music and the drama. He was also very attentive. It was fairy-book!

Afterwards, we strolled hand-in-hand back to the hotel, went into the grand dining area and had some supper and another glass of Chamaaign. Then, he walked me to my room. My heart was racing. From the day I had met him I had fancied him and even though I had not known him long, I loved his manners and gentlemanliness around me. He treated me like I was special.

And here he was at my hotel room door!

He took the key from my hand and opened the door and held it open as I walked through it. Then he stood at the entrance holding the door open and I leaned against the door jam with my heart screaming at me. He leaned in to kiss me and…I pulled away.

He smiled gently and bid me good night and I stood at that door and watched him walk away.

In all our eighteen years of wonderful and close friendship, he never again attempted a kiss! And I have kicked myself a hundred thousand times for the lost opportunity.

Well last night in my very long and very vivid dream, he kissed me (and that is all that happened for you perves because I woke up like Sleeping Beauty at the touch of his lips on mine)!

As I woke and realised what I had been dreaming I thought perhaps I was dying because of the unlikelihood of the dream – for I have not once, not EVER dreamed of his kissing me.

In fact, I have made up my mind that I am going to call him today and TELL him about the dream….because, who knows, people die suddenly and they never get to tell people how much they mean to them. I would hate to think he never hears about this silly dream or realises the longevity of my silly “crush” after all these years. And…perhaps he will come and kiss me just once, so I can tell how soft his lips are.


Is there someone you are dreaming about? Be brave and tell them…anything can happen today -- and when you least expect it.