Monday, November 26, 2007

A Secret


When you were a child did you ever create a secret language or a secret code that only you and your special friend shared? Well I did.

It allowed you to say something forbidden right in front of Mom and Dad. For instance, that you didn’t like your lima beans, you were going to play sick tomorrow or that you were not going to clean your room. And even though you always cleaned your room and eventually ate those sandy lima beans and went to school unless you were really sick -- you always felt powerful if only for a moment.

1 comment:

turnerBroadcasting said...

I never did that. My dad was a surgeon, he was always at the hospital. Except on the odd weekend when he and I would go to the marina and work on the sailboat.

I sort of ignored my dad and my mom was too smart to get away with stuff like this.

Then again, I kind of had a stable home growing up. Er. Kind of.
:)