Monday, January 28, 2008

Hanging On Yet

I am here and wonder lately
if I am dying quickly now
without the will
to keep fighting.

The thought and memory
of your bleeding shoulder
makes me sort of smile
(you will understand this,
no one else ever can).

I think it is regret
for the loss of the mind
that touched my mind
that so flattens my heart now.

The chasing, the wonder
of new things and places
of life through the eyes
of another who could actually "see"
the green flashes that I miss so much.

Chorky says hello and
that he misses you too.

Oh yes, some will nail me
to a St Andrews cross
for this post today,
when it is only you
who can do that
and make a difference.

Hanging on my my handcuffs.

2 comments:

turnerBroadcasting said...

nice work. good lord one day I will actually be in-world I promise and we can talk.

this is fun. it feels kind of like magoo's emporium. sort of shopping
around with things in it that really work and then..

there's chorky.

not sure how chorky works here.

i know of one chorky. its a squirrel from a satyajit ray film "two daughters" - the second film "devi".

In "Devi" there is a girl who is convinced by someone whose child
is near death - that, when she happens to be near it when it comes back to life - she is the incarnation of the goddess kali
(they call Ma)

She had this pet squirrel. And when she became the center of religious ritual - she stopped taking care of it.

And it died.

In the end. She goes insane.
Its a beautiful film.

Ray is something of a secret amongst we film collectors.
he is a director's director.

here check it out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCuTXcsSz1s

Lady Sheridanne Kelley said...

/me smiles & waves

So does this mean if I die beside Chorky, I will return as a mad squirrel called Ray?